Fellow headbangers! Lost Lands is coming so soon. We are so excited to see what Excision has planned for the third year of Lost Lands. We wanted to prepare you before you entered a weekend living in headbangers’ paradise. We are also excited to announce a huge giveaway so keep reading to find out how you can enter to win the Ultimate Lost Lands Survival Kit Giveaway with Vibedration and your favorite festival brands!
Some things to keep in mind when you’re planning what to pack for Lost Lands:
- Check Lost Lands’ website to make sure you know what’s allowed into the Jurassic Campgrounds and into the festival. The website can also provide veteran tips on what to expect weather-wise and more.
- How you’re traveling to the festival, i.e. by dinosaur, by car or plane. This will help determine what you pack for survival.
- If you’re camping, touch base with your group on what each person can contribute to the campsite to get the ultimate camping set up with your squad.
- Make a Walmart list of essentials you’re unable to pack for camping, create an order and set it for pickup. Ensure the delivery window falls within the dates you’ll be heading to Lost Lands. Choose a location on the way to the campgrounds then you can be on your way stocked up for the weekend.
- Roll up your clothes (Marie Kondo style)! This will seriously maximize your space to fit more into your suitcase especially if you have to fly.
- Traveling by plane to Lost Lands? Use one suitcase for your clothes and toiletries and the other for camping items you can fit
- Pack for any type of weather. Straight from Lost Lands’ website: “We encourage all of you to pack for all seasons and be fully prepared for whatever mother nature throws at us.” You don’t want to become extinct from not being prepared for the weather.
- Bring extras of everything! Better to be over-prepared than under-prepared especially for a camping festival.
WHAT TO PACK
- Camping Pass if Camping
- ID, Wallet w/ Cash & Card
- Hydration Pack - Need to stay hydrated so you can headbang all weekend!
- Earplugs & Extra Earplugs - Excision so kindly gives every ticket holder a pair of earplugs, pack an extra pair just in case to protect your ears from the wonky sounds.
- Neck Brace - Just in case ;)
- Bandana or Dust Mask
- Hat - Rock a bucket hat and keep your head cool.
- Comfortable Shoes & Dr. Scholl’s Insoles - need your feet prepped for tons of walking and dancing.
- Phone and Portable Charger - Keep your phone charged to capture your best bass face moments all weekend long.
- Outfits - Rock your best prehistoric looks! Pack your inflatable T-Rex costume to hop in a mosh pit with fellow T-Rexes.
OTHER TRAVEL ESSENTIALS
- General Toiletries - Toothbrush, toothpaste
- DEODORANT - Don’t want to impose on fellow headbangers with your natural scent ;)
- Baby Wipes and Toilet Paper
- Shampoo, conditioner and body wash
- Towel and sandals for showers
- Makeup & hair accessories
- Clothes for time spent not at the festival
- Clothes for all temperatures: warm clothes, rain jackets, rain boots - you never know!
- Extra pairs of socks, underwear, etc.
- Pedialyte and EmergenC to keep your immunity boosted all weekend.
- Ibuprofen/Advil, Benadryl
FOR THE FESTIVAL
- Hand Sanitizer/Wet Wipes
- Flow Toys
- Fan and/or Spray Bottle to keep cool all weekend long
- Biodegradable Glitter - our favorite brands are Lunautics and Art of Prizem.
- Face Gems
FOR CAMPING (Divide and conquer with your squad)
- Tent and Tent Stakes
- EZ Up Canopy
- Sleeping Bags/Air Mattress (Battery Operated Air Pump) - Headbangers need all the rest they can get for a long weekend.
- Extra Batteries
- Pillows & Blankets
- Folding chairs
- First Aid Kit
- Portable Table
- Duct Tape
- Trash Bags
- Silverware and plates
FOOD & SNACK IDEAS:
Food is so important to keep you fueled all weekend long. Choose your food wisely to keep you energized for all the dubs and wubs.
- Fruit and veggie trays
- Stuff for sandwiches
- Trail mix
- Protein bars
We can’t wait to see the vibe tribe at Lost Lands! To help you get prepared, we've teamed up with your favorite festival brands to give away a Lost Lands Survival Kit to one lucky winner!
Click the image below to enter: