Okeechobee 2020 is less than two months away and we are so excited to see the return of this festival as it kicks off the 2020 festival season. We’ve put together a helpful camping guide to get you ready to go. Are you ready to enter the portal with us?
Okeechobee takes place March 5th through March 8th and is located at the magical Sunshine Grove in Okeechobee, Florida. Camping check-in begins at 12pm on March 5th and opening night music begins at 4pm. 4-day festival here we come!
What to Pack
We’ve created a little checklist to help you pack the necessities. If you’re able to drive you definitely have more flexibility in what to bring than if you are flying. If you’re flying, pack what you can, then pick up the rest of your food and supplies from a Walmart or a grocery store. I highly recommend putting an online order in with Walmart for any camping supplies if needed so you can pick them up when you get there and don’t have to worry about any items being out-of-stock.
If you are camping with a group, make sure to coordinate with them so you have everything covered and can split the costs.
Make sure you read what’s allowed and not allowed from the website here. This will vary depending on how big your squad is.
Other items that are nice to have at Okeechobee:
- Tarps for your camp in case it rains (It is Florida after all!)
- Extra batteries
- Portable speaker
- Air mattress
- Bucket Hat (Shield yourself from the Florida sun!)
- Swimwear (There is a lake you can swim in!)
- Yoga Mat (This can double as a sleeping mat)
- String Lights for Camp
- Your favorite Onesie for Saturday night Onesie party!
- Have a full gas tank before you get to the entrance of the festival.
- Tapestries can help keep your camp cool and provide shade.
- Showers are $7 each time you want to shower.
- Always bring extra tarps and towels!!
- Florida weather can be unpredictable so pack for any type of weather and extras of outfits, socks, and underwear just in case.
- Take note of landmarks around where your campsite is or add a pin to your map on your phone so you don’t get lost.
- Don't forget to charge your portable phone charger before the festival.
- If it's anything like Okeechobee 2018, you'll want to bring your favorite onesie for the onesie party on Saturday night!
Are you headed to Okee? Make sure you grab a hydration pack so you can stay hydrated and keep the party going all night long. And don't forget to watch our Okeechobee 2018 recap video for outfit inspiration and to get you extra excited for Okeechobee 2020!